Program : Degree
Course : Malaysian Economy
Code : ECMB313
Credit Hours : 03
Contact Hours : 03
Semester : Semester 1 Academic Year 2012/2013
This course provides the student with an overview of the Malaysian economy - the role of the government and its economic interaction with other countries in the region. Topics such as government economic plans and policies, income distribution and poverty eradication, labour force and labour relations, the financial system and international trade and investment will be covered in this course.
At the end of this course, students are expected to:
1. Critically analyse the Malaysian economy and its components.
2. Apprehend the economic development of the nation thus far.
3. Apprehend fundamental economic analysis provided by the media.
4. Rationally analyse the macro economy environment and the external factors in business decision-makings.
5. Assess, analyze and suggest appropriately methods on economy crisis.
6. Rationally analyse the implication of macro economy environment, current issues and implications of the current policies.
Sunday, May 27, 2012
WHY WE SHOULD STUDY THIS SUBJECT?
You have studied Micro and Macro economics, and now you will proceed to see how economic concepts related to economic situation in Malaysia. No new subject is easy, it is hard work required to make any subject become easy.
Malaysia Economy subject deals more with the macroeconomic concept that affecting a nation as a whole, for example economic growth, national income, inflation, unemployment and international trade.
We will start the subject with discussion of the historical and current social economy problems like poverty, employment and income distribution. The most important how the Malaysian government formulates policies to overcome the socio-economic problems will also discuss and we also evaluate measures taken by the government to salve these problems.
All Malaysian citizens are directly related to the Malaysian economy. We should know our country’s objective and vision. Did economic development plans help to solve the problems? What are the present socio-economic problems and what can be done to solve the problems? Every individual is affected by what is happening in the economy of the country and the world.
If you begin with a positive mind and attitude, you have won half the battle…
Mohamad Sukiman bin Ishak
MPA (UM,M'sia), BA (Econs,) (UM, M'sia)